The North Algoma Diabetes Education Program will be offering group education sessions during the month of April for adults living with diabetes. These sessions will provide information to participants about specific topics related to diabetes while allowing them to learn from the knowledge and experience of others. Various topics will be discussed, including:
- defining diabetes
- monitoring (checking blood sugar, recommended lab work, screening for complications)
- managing diabetes through healthy eating, keeping active, and taking medication
- the importance of goal setting
- exploring feelings about having diabetes
- good diabetes control – what does this mean?
- the complications of diabetes and how managing diabetes can help prevent or delay these complications
- the role of insulin in diabetes management
The sessions will be offered at the Lady Dunn Health Centre on Tuesday afternoons (1:00 pm – 2:30 pm) from April 5th to April 26th. For more information or to register, please contact Renée at 705-856-2335 ext 3108.