The Wawa Lions Club Dog Walk is today Saturday, June 4th. Registration will begin at 9:00 am at the Michipicoten Memorial Community Centre. The walk begins at 10:00 am.
This will be the second year for the Wawa event. It is open to all ages. The route is mapped out and not very long. Dogs must be walked on leashes. There will be a few small giveaways and prizes for the top three pledge raisers. Please come out & support this very worthy cause!
A little bit about the Lions Foundation of Canada Purina Walk for Dog Guides:
The Lions Foundation of Canada Dog Guides’ mission is to assist Canadians with a medical or physical disability by providing them Dog Guides at no cost.
This walk is held annually in more than 200 cities and towns across Canada. Thanks to Nestle Purina PetCare, 100% of funds raised goes directly to providing specially trained Dog Guides to Canadiansn with physical and medical disabilities. Dog Guides bring safety, independence, and increased mobility to people from communities across the country.
The types of Dog Guides being trained in this program include:
- Canine Vision for people who are blind or visually impaired
- Hearing Ear for people who are deaf or hard of hearing
- Autism Assistance for children who have autism spectrum disorder
- Service for people who have a physical disability
- Seizure Response for people who have epilepsy
- Diabetic Alert for people who have Type 1 diabetes with hypoglycemic unawareness