There will be a Regular Council Meeting tonight Tuesday, June 7, 2016 in Council Chambers at 6:00 p.m.
(1) CALL TO ORDER & NOTE MEMBERS PRESENT
- Framed Goose Print – Retirement from the Municipality after 37 years
- AMCTO Retirement Recognition Certificate
- MPAC 2016 Assessment Update – Mr. Jeremy Cormier
(3) REVIEW OF ADDENDUM & APPROVAL OF AGENDA
- Approval of the Agenda
(4) ANNOUNCEMENTS, GIVING OF NOTICE AND SCHEDULE OF MEETINGS
- Wawa Energy Plan Implementation Committee Meeting – Wednesday, June 15, 2016, at 10:00 a.m., Regional Employment Help Centre
- Heritage Committee Meeting – Wednesday, June 15, 2016, at 7:00 p.m., 3 Boyer Street (Confederation College)
- Corporate Planning Committee Meeting – Tuesday, June 21, 2016, at 6:00 p.m., Council Chambers
- Policy Committee Meeting – Tuesday, June 21, 2016, at 6:00 p.m., Council Chambers
- Community Development Committee Meeting – Monday, June 27, 2016, at 6:30 p.m., MMCC Meeting Room
- Regular Council Meeting – Tuesday, July 12, 2016, at 6:00 p.m., Council Chambers
- Police Services Board Meeting – Wednesday, September 28, 2016, at 2:00 p.m., Council Chambers
- Community Well-Being Fund Committee – TBA
- Strategic Plan Implementation Committee Meeting – TBA
(5) DECLARATION OF PECUNIARY INTEREST AND THE GENERAL NATURE THEREOF
(6) CONSENT AGENDA
- Approval of the Consent Agenda (resolution)
- Approval of Minutes (resolution)
Regular Council Meeting, Tuesday, May 3, 2016
Special Council Meeting, Tuesday, May 17, 2016
Special Council Meeting, Wednesday, May 25, 2016
- Receive Algoma Public Health Minutes (resolution) (a) March 30, 2016(b) April 27, 2016
- Receive Heritage Committee Minutes – Wednesday, April 20, 2016 (resolution)
- Receive Police Services Board Minutes – Wednesday, March 23, 2016 (resolution)
- Receive S.E. O.P.P. First Quarter Report (resolution)
- Receive Algoma District Services Administration Board Minutes – March 24, 2016 (resolution)
- Approve Rescheduling of June 14, 2016 Corporate Planning Committee Meeting (resolution)
- Approve Donation – Fort McMurray Disaster (resolution)
- Approve Requisitions of Framed Goose Prints (resolution) (a) Ms. Doreen Pavlic, Retiree from the Municipality
(b) Mr. Dave King, Retiree from MMAH
- Approve Donation – 10th Annual William G. Rose Memorial Golf Tournament, July 23, 2016 (resolution)
- Town of Aurora Resolution – Ontario Municipal Board Jurisdiction (resolution)
- Town of Aurora Resolution – Proposed Bill 158 – Human Trafficking (resolution)
- City of Timmins Resolution – Regulating Gas Prices in Ontario (resolution)
- AECON Blasting Notification – Highways 17 & 101 (for information)
- Wawa Housing Forum – Tuesday, June 14, 2016, MMCC (for information)
- Wawa Senior’s Fair & Expo – Wednesday, June 22, 2016, MMCC (for information)
- Approve Donation – Woodland Lodge Annual Charity Golf Tournament (ADDENDUM)
(8) PUBLIC MEETINGS – PLANNING ACT
(9) INFORMATIONAL REPORTS
- Receive Staff Informational Reports (resolution)
(a) AP2016-02: Dehumidification System at MMCC
(b) AP 2016-03: Monthly Report for April, 2016 (c) JN 2016-09: Monthly Report for April, 2016 (d) JM 2016-02: Monthly Report for April, 2016 (e) MB 2016-01: Tax Arrears
(f) RR 2016-05: Monthly Report for May, 2016
- Receive Northern Nationals Drag Race 2015 – Final Report (resolution)
- Receive Staff Report JN 2016-10: New Municipal Garage (resolution)
- Receive Staff Report JM-2016-02: IT Agreement with White River Forest Products LP (resolution)
(10) CLOSED MEETING REPORTS
- Receive Mayor’s Report – May 2016
(11) NEW BUSINESS
- Approve Accounts – May 2016 (resolution)
- Accept Staff Recommendation – MMCC Dehumidification System (resolution)
- Accept Staff Recommendation – New Municipal Garage (resolution)
- Approve Submission of Expression of Interest – Incenting Green Infrastructure for Stormwater Management, Community Workshop & Municipal Training Session (resolution)
- Approve Revised Submission of Northern Communities Investment Readiness (NCIR) Funding Application – Housing Study (resolution)
(12) NOTICE OF MOTION
(13) CONSIDERATION OF BY-LAWS
- First, Second and Third Reading
- By-Law No. 2956-16 – to amend By-Law No. 1551-03 and to authorize the Municipality of Wawa to enter into a lease agreement with NAV Canada for premises located at the Wawa Municipal Airport.
- By-Law No. 2957-16 – to confirm the proceedings of Council at its meetings held on the 17th day of May, 2016, the 25th day of May, 2016 and the 7th day of June, 2016.
- By-Law No. 2958-16 – to enter into a Memorandum of Understanding with White River Forest Products LP to provide Information Technology (IT) support and related services.
- By-Law No. 2959-16 – to authorize the Municipality of Wawa to enter into a Memorandum of Understanding with the Michipicoten Volunteer Firefighters Association for assisting and hosting the Northern National Drag Race event to be held at the Wawa Municipal Airport.
- By-Law No. 2960-16 – to delegate authority to provide marriage solemnization services to Ms. Ann Mitchell, Ms. Jocelyn Watt, Mr. Orlando Rosa, Mr. Joseph Bisceglia and Ms. Desiree Norwegian.
- By-Law No. 2961-16 – to establish and appoint a Community Development Committee for the Municipality of Wawa.
- By-Law No. 2962-16 – to authorize The Corporation of the Municipality of Wawa to enter into an agreement with Mike Moore Construction Limited for the demolition of the existing building, as well as the design and construction of a new Municipal cold storage garage located at 40 Montreal Avenue.
- By-Law No. 2963-16 – to adopt Municipality of Wawa Policy No. PR-007: AODA Multi-Year Accessibility.
- By-Law No. 2964-16 – to authorize The Corporation of the Municipality of Wawa to enter into a Lease Agreement with LEA Consulting Limited respecting the lease of office space situated at 3 Maple Street, Wawa, Ontario.
(14) IN-CAMERA SESSION (CLOSED MEETING)
(15) CLOSE OF MEETING
- Close of Meeting