On November 18, 2015, the East Algoma Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) were contacted regarding a possible fraud at the Bruce Mines and Plummer Additional Union Public Library located in Bruce Mines, Ontario.
The investigation determined that the accused used corporate credit cards and business bank accounts for personal use.
As a result of the investigation, Crystal BURCH, 40 years of age from Bruce Mines, Ontario, was charged with:
- Fraud over $5000, contrary to section 380(1) of the Criminal Code;
- Theft over $5000, contrary to section 334(a) of the Criminal Code;
- Use of revoked Credit Card, contrary to section 342(1) of the Criminal Code;
- Personation with Intent to obtain property, contrary to section 403(1) of the Criminal Code, and;
- Breach of Trust by Public Officer, contrary to section 122 of the Criminal Code.
The accused was issued a Summons to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in Blind River on November 3, 2016.