On September 29, 2016, the Elliot Lake Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to a domestic assault complaint that had occurred on September 25, 2016 in the town of Elliot Lake.
During the early morning of September 30, 2016, members of the East Algoma OPP Crime Unit, assisted by the North East Region OPP Emergency Response Team (ERT), the OPP Tactics and Rescue Unit (TRU), and the North East Region OPP Canine unit, arrested a male in relation to this incident.
A 58 year old male from Elliot Lake, Ontario has been charged with:
- Assault (X2), contrary to section 266 of the Criminal Code (CC)
- Assault with a weapon (X2), contrary to section 267(a) of the CC
- Utter Threats (X2), contrary to section 264.1(1)(a) of the CC
- Forcible Confinement, contrary to section 279(2) of the CC
- Mischief, contrary to section 430(4) of the CC
The accused is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in Sault Ste. Marie on September 30, 2016.