There is a regular meeting of Council in council chambers at 6 p.m. tonight. All members of the public are invited to attend.
Of interest tonight will be a Public Meeting – Planning Act ” Committee of Adjustment Hearing” – B-1/16 Carlo V. Spadafora, Laidlaw Paciocco Dumanski Spadafore & Johnson LLP, Agent for Great Lakes Power Limited.
Council will receive monthly reports from staff including a report from CAO Chris Wray regarding the eSFL Update, and Mayor Ron Rody’s Monthly Report for August, September & October 2016. Council will also receive Staff Report MB-2016-01: Tax Arrears.
In new business:
- Approve Accounts – October 2016 (resolution)
- Approve Write Off of Taxes and Vesting of Property – Roll # 5776 000 00719100 0000 (resolution)
- Approve Write Off of Taxes and Vesting of Property – Roll # 5776 000 00718005 0000 (resolution)
- Accept Five Year Energy Conservation and Demand Management Plan (resolution)
Council will also be reading the following by-laws for the three times before passing:
- By-Law No. 2986-16 – to confirm the proceedings of Council at its meeting held on the 1st day of November, 2016.
- BL 2986-16 Proceeding Nov 1
- By-Law No. 2987-16 – to authorize The Corporation of the Municipality of Wawa to enter into an Agreement with the Economic Development Corporation of Wawa for the lease of the east end of 96 Broadway Avenue, Lower Floor for Economic Development Offices.
- By-Law No. 2988-16 – to enter into an agreement with the Hawk Junction Local Services Board for the collection and disposal of domestic and commercial garbage from the community of Hawk Junction.
- By-Law No. 2989-16 – to enter into an Agreement with J. Provost Contracting Ltd. for the Municipal Refuse Collection.
- By-Law No. 2990-16 – to enter into an New Building Canada Fund – Small Communities Fund (SFC) Agreement with the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs for the Waste Disposal Site Expansion (File # SCF-0581).
- By-Law No. 2991-16 – to authorize The Corporation of the Municipality of Wawa to enter into an Agreement with the Wawa Food Bank for the lease of a portion of the west end of 96 Broadway Avenue, Lower Floor for a food bank.
- By-Law No. 2992-16 – to authorize The Corporation of the Municipality of Wawa to enter into an agreement with the Royal Bank of Canada respecting the provision of banking and security for the Municipality of Wawa.
Council has one matter to address in an in camera meeting regarding a Legal Issue (1 Item): Code of Conduct Complaint – advice that is subject to solicitor client privilege, including communications necessary for that purpose (Municipal Act, c.25, s.239 (2) (f)).