Ensure Your Card is Valid to Hunt or Fish in Ontario
If you are planning to fish or hunt in Ontario next year, be sure your Outdoors Card is up to date.
The Outdoors Card is valid for three calendar years from the date of issue. If your card expires at the end of 2016, now is the time to renew it.
An Outdoors Card is required before buying a fishing licence or a hunting licence tag.
You can renew your Outdoors Card:
- Online at www.on.wildlifelicense.com
- By phone at 1-800-288-1155
- In person at a participating ServiceOntario centre or private issuer
- An Outdoors Card costs $9.68 (plus service fee) for three years.
- Last year, about 657,000 Outdoors Cards were sold in Ontario.
- Anglers bought approximately 1 million licences to fish in 2015 and hunters bought approximately 500,000 hunting licences.
- All revenue from the sales of hunting and fishing licences in Ontario is used for wildlife and fisheries management.
- What you need to know before hunting in Ontario.
- Learn about fishing limits, size restrictions and catch and release.
- Get more information about ice fishing this winter.