On January 3, 2017 shortly after 5:00 p.m., East Algoma Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to an assault in progress at a residence located in Thessalon, Ontario.
It was reported that a male was assaulted and forced into a motor vehicle by two males. The motor vehicle then left the area with the victim inside.
As a result, Matthew LANKTREE, 34 of Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario is charged with:
- Assault, contrary to section 266 of the Criminal Code
- Uttering Threats – Cause Death or Bodily Harm, contrary to section 264.1(1)(a) of the Criminal Code
- Forcible Confinement, contrary to section 279(2) of the Criminal Code, and
- Fail to Comply with Recognizance, contrary to section 145(3) of the Criminal Code
The accused is scheduled to appear in court on February 9, 2017.
Samuel SHARPE, 18 of Elliot Lake, Ontario is charged with:
- Forcible Confinement, contrary to section 279(2) of the Criminal Code
The accused is scheduled to appear in court on March 2, 2017.