Pre-Authorized Debit (PAD) Tax Payment System Now Available!
What is the Pre-Authorized Debit (PAD) Tax Payment Program?
It’s a voluntary program authorizing your financial institution to make property tax payments on your behalf through automatic withdrawals from your bank account.
How to enrol:
It’s easy! Complete and return the application form along with a void cheque to the Municipal Office (address information is on the form). You must complete a separate application for each property. However, only one void cheque is required if all properties are to be paid from the same bank account. Once enrolled, you will receive a written notification confirming your acceptance in the program and outlining your payment schedule. In the meantime, you should continue to pay your taxes through your regular payment method.
Who is eligible?
If your tax account is in good standing, your property is fully assessed, and your taxes are not paid by a mortgage company, you are eligible to enrol. You must enrol at least 30 days in advance of the first scheduled payment and your account must remain in good standing while you are on the program. If your account is in arrears at any point in time, you may be removed from the program.
- Convenient: No need to write cheques or stand in line on installment due dates.
- Economical: The program is free and you’ll save on postage, cheques, and interest charges.
- Secure: Your information is kept confidential and you don’t have to worry about lost/stolen cheques.
Please click here to download the PAD Enrolment form and other information with respect to this new property tax payment option. This form is also available on the Treasury Department page of huronshores.ca.
Other Payment Options still available:
- E-Payments: On-line property tax payment is available at huronshores.ca. To remit payments via this secure service, simply click on the bright red button, login, and set up your account by following the step-by-step instructions. When paying please include your 19-digit roll number without any dashes (e.g. 5724000001135790000). Pay each tax bill individually. Allow two (2) business days to receive your account confirmation. NOTE: a fee will be charged by the provider for this service.
- Canadian Financial Institution: Payment may be remitted via your local financial institution branch, by telephone or on-line. NOTE: When paying taxes on line or by telephone, if you have more than one tax bill, please make sure that the correct amounts are applied to the respective tax bills.
In Person: Cash or cheques, in Canadian funds only, are accepted at the Municipal Office. Interac/Debit Card service is not available.