The Iron Bridge Agricultural Society will be hosting the annual Iron Bridge Fall Fair on Saturday, September 2nd, 2017. The Fair will take place from 10:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. at the Iron Bridge Recreation Centre (1 Chiblow Lake Rd.) Come out and see the entries for all of the different fair categories including baked goods, a chili contest and much more! Science North will also be there with its exhibit “Mighty Machines”. See you at the Fair!
Bring your exhibits to the Arena from 6:00-8:00 p.m. on Thursday, August 31, or 8:00-11:00 a.m. Friday, September 1st, before the Fair. Pick up your exhibits on Saturday at 4:00 p.m. If you have questions, please call the Fair Secretary at 843-0892. Entry tags are available at the Iron Bridge Historical Museum (1 James St.), the Municipal Office (7 Bridge St.) and from the Fair Secretary all summer. Fall Fair Prize Lists and Junior Prize Lists (Preschool to Grade 8) may be picked up at the Huron Shores Municipal Office.
Note: Preschool to Grade 3 may have an an adult help with these projects. Students do not need an exhibitor’s number.
Fill in the entry tag as follows:
Class: Your grade in June
Section: Fill in the number
Article: Write what the entry is
Name: Your first name only
Classes of Entries:
8. Embroidery on Material
11. Christmas Celebrations
14. Fun Stuff
15. Cooking Challenge
16. Floral Arrangement and Bouquets
18. Fruits, Roots and Vegetables
20. Grains, Seeds and Hay
Junior Classes of Entries:
1. Home Craft
3. Vegetables, Fruit and Flowers
4. District Competitions
- 3 Chocolate Chip Cookies – Open to youth ages 10-15 years. Winner of this competition will be required to make another set of 8 cookies for the District Competition in October.
- Youth Poster: Junior-Preschool up to Grade 4; Intermediate: Grades 5-8; Senior-Grades 9-12. The Theme this year is “Promoting the IBAS Fall Fair”. All posters must be hand drawn. Size: Minimum 8 1/2″ x 11″ (23-28 cm); Maximum 12″ x 18″ (30.5 cm x 46 cm); Mounted on black art card with a 2″ (5 cm) border. The winning poster will go onto District Competition and possibly Provincial Competition.
Boys and Girls Chili Contest: Use 1 lb of hamburger. Call the Fair Secretary to reserve an electrical outlet for your crock pot and bring it to the Iron Bridge Recreation Centre on Saturday morning by 10:00 a.m. for judging.