FEMALE CHARGED AFTER DISPUTE WITH ROOMATE
(ELLIOT LAKE, ON) – On September 1, 2017, at 8:50 p.m., members of the East Algoma Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to a disturbance call at a residence in Elliot Lake.
The complainant had reported being in an argument with his roommate and he wanted her removed from the residence. Police located the female in an intoxicated state walking on Hillside Drive South and Roman Avenue. Due to her level of intoxication, the female was arrested.
Paulina MEWS, 39 years of age, of Elliot Lake, Ontario, was charged with:
- Being intoxicated in a public place, contrary to section 31(4) of the Liquor License Act (LLA)
The accused was lodged until sober and released in the morning.
LOCAL WOMAN CHARGED WITH MISCHIEF
(WAWA, ON) – On Monday September 4, 2017, at approximately 3:00 am members of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Superior East Wawa Detachment responded to a local Wawa address regarding an unwanted person. At the scene investigation revealed that a female had damaged some household items.
As a result Christal Elizabeth PETERSON (39) of Wawa Ontario was arrested and charged with the following offence:
- Adult Mischief Under $5,000 contrary to section 430(4) of the Criminal Code of Canada
The accused was released from custody and is to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Wawa Ontario on October 16, 2017.
TRAFFIC COMPLAINT LEADS TO DRUG ARREST
(LAIRD TOWNSHIP, ON) – On September 4, 2017 at approximately 5:00 pm a member of the Sault Ste. Marie Highway Safety Division responded to a traffic complaint of a pickup truck travelling westbound at a high rate of speed on Highway 17 east. The vehicle was stopped for speeding at Reid’s Road on Highway 17.
As a result of further police investigation 247 grams of cocaine, 110 pills of methamphetamines (also known as speed) and a small amount of Cannabis Resin were located in the vehicle for a street value total of $25,805. An undisclosed amount of cash was also located in the vehicle.
The driver and lone occupant of the vehicle, 30 year old Craig William Madsen of Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario was arrested and charged with:
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking contrary to Section 5(2) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA)
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking, Schedule I Substance contrary to the CDSA
- Possession of a Controlled Substance Schedule II Substance under 1 gram contrary to the CDSA
- Driving Motor Vehicle with Open Container of Liquor contrary to section 32(1) Liquor License Act of Ontario
- Speeding contrary to Section 128 of the Highway Traffic Act of Ontario
The accused was released on Promise to Appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Sault Ste. Marie on October 16, 2017.
HAMILTON MAN CHARGED WITH DRUG OFFENCE
(WAWA, ON) – On Monday September 4, 2017, at approximately 3:25 pm members of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Superior East Chapleau Detachment had occasion to stop a motor vehicle at a R.I.D.E check located on Highway 101 near the intersection of Esher-Healy Road. Investigation revealed that the male driver was in possession of a quantity of Marihuana.
As a result Jason Michael DALTON (37) of Hamilton Ontario was arrested and charged with the following offences:
- Adult Possession of a Schedule II substance- Cannabis Marihuana- under 30 grams contrary to section 4 (1) of the Control Drug and Substance Act
- Adult Drive Motor Vehicle no Licence contrary to section 32 of the Highway Traffic Act of Ontario.
The accused was released from custody and is to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Chapleau Ontario on December 18, 2017.
IMPAIRED DRIVER ARRESTED
(SAULT STE. MARIE, ON) – On September 3, 2017 at approximately 2:33 am a member of the Sault Ste. Marie Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) on patrol observed a pick up truck travelling on Highway 17, southbound, into the City of Sault Ste. Marie.
As a result of driver actions the vehicle was pulled over. Further investigation revealed that the female driver had been consuming alcohol.
Lori Ann DOIRON, 41 years old from Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario was arrested and charged with:
- Impaired Operation of a Motor Vehicle contrary to section 253(1)(a) of the Criminal Code (CC)
Care or Control of a Motor Vehicle with over 80 milligrams of alcohol contrary to section
- 253(1)(b) CC
Driving while under Suspension contrary to section 53(1) of the Highway Traffic Act of Ontario
The accused was released on Promise to Appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Sault Ste. Marie on September 3, 2017.