OPP CHARGE WAWA MAN WITH ASSAULT
(WAWA, ON) – On Monday September 18, 2017, at approximately 2:30 pm members of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Superior East Wawa Detachment responded to a Wawa address regarding an assault complaint. Investigation revealed that an altercation had taken place between a male and a female.
As a result a 34 years old Wawa, Ontario male was arrested and charged with the following offence:
- Adult Assault- Spousal contrary to section 266 of the Criminal Code of Canada.
The accused was released from custody and is to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Wawa Ontario on November 6, 2017.
MALE ARRESTED FOR UTTERING THREATS
(THESSALON, ON)- On September 16, 2017, shortly after 3:00 p.m., members from the East Algoma Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to threatening incident at a residence on Federation Street in the Town of Thessalon.
Investigation determined that a male was yelling at two youths who were riding their bicycles past his residence on Federation Street. A neighbor overheard the yelling and intervened by confronting the male. The male then attended the neighbor’s yard and threatened to physically harm him.
As a result of the investigation, Mark VASEY, 32 years of age from Thessalon, Ontario, was charged with:
- Uttering Threats-Cause Death or Bodily Harm, contrary to section 264.1(1)(a) of the Criminal Code.
The accused is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in Blind River on November 2, 2017.
DOMESTIC DISPUTE-MALE CHARGED WITH MULTIPLE OFFENCES
(PLUMMER ADDITIONAL TOWNSHIP, ON)- On September 13, 2017, shortly before 9:00 p.m., members from the East Algoma Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to a domestic disturbance where a male assaulted his girlfriend at a residence on Garden Bay Road in the Town of Bruce Mines.
The investigation determined between May and September 2017, the female was physically assaulted and threatened on numerous occasions. On this date the male and female began to argue. The argument ensued to where the female was physically assaulted, threatened and restrained her from leaving the residence. The female’s brother attended the residence and was physically assaulted by her boyfriend. The boyfriend then left the residence in his vehicle and was located a short time later by OPP officers on Trunk Road in the City of Sault Ste Marie
As a result of the investigation, a 27 year old male from Bruce Mines, Ontario, was charged with:
- Forcible Confinement, contrary to section 279(2) of the Criminal Code (CC);
- Assault-Spousal (X4), contrary to section 266 of the CC;
- Assault, contrary to section 266 of the CC;
- Mischief (X2), contrary to section 430(2) of the CC;
- Theft Under $5000, contrary to section 334(b) of the CC;
- Fail to Comply with Probation Order, contrary to section 733.1(1) of the CC; and with
- Possession of a Schedule II Substance-Cannabis Marihuana-Under 30 grams, contrary to section 4(1) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act.
The accused appeared before the Ontario Court of Justice Bail Court in Sault Ste Marie on September 14, 2017.