(ELLIOT LAKE, ON) – On October 2, 2018, at approximately 11:15 a.m., members of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) East Algoma Crime Unit and Organized Crime Enforcement Bureau (OCEB) – Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU) were arresting a male in Elliot Lake, Ontario when he fled on foot.
Police located the male at a residence on Amsterdam Road, and determined that he had suffered an injury. The male was transported to a local hospital by Algoma Paramedic Services to be treated for non-life-threatening injuries.
Dale BOYER, 44 years of age, from Elliot Lake, Ontario has been charged with:
- Robbery with Theft, contrary to section 344(1)(b) of the Criminal Code (CC),
- Break, Enter Dwelling House – Commit Indictable Offence (two counts), contrary to section 348(1)(b) of the CC,
- Theft Under $5000, contrary to section 334(b) of the CC,
- Utter Threats – Cause Death or Bodily Harm, contrary to section 264.1(1)(a) of the CC,
Mischief Under $5000, contrary to section 430(4) of the CC, and
- Fail to Comply with Probation Order (two counts), contrary to section 733.1(1) of the CC.
The accused has been remanded into custody and is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Sault Ste. Marie on October 11, 2018.
The OPP has notified the province’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) which has invoked its mandate. As a result the OPP will not be able to provide any further information.