(LITTLE CURRENT, ON) – Members from the Manitoulin-Espanola Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) were extremely busy over the Thanksgiving long weekend. Officers responded to 96 calls for service including:
- One Impaired by Drug Driving Offence
- 43 Provincial Offences Notices Issued
- Six Motor Vehicle Collisions – No Injuries
- Four Theft Related Occurrences
- 13 Reduce Impaired Driving Everywhere (R.I.D.E) Checks
Manitoulin-Espanola OPP would like to remind the public through the OPP Drug Recognition Evaluator (DRE) program, the OPP’s goal is to reduce the number of deaths and injuries caused by drivers who are impaired by drugs.