Elliot Lake Man Charged for Weapons Offences
(ELLIOT LAKE, ON) – On May 8, 2019, members of the East Algoma Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Crime Unit and the OPP Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU) executed a search warrant at a residence on Robertson Road in the City of Elliot Lake, Ontario.
Police received information that a male on a weapons prohibition had a gun in his possession. Subsequently, the warrant was executed and numerous firearms, identification cards, and suspected codeine pills were seized. The male was arrested.
JR (Jan Rene) WILEN, 46 years of age, from Elliot Lake, Ontario was charged with:
- Possession of Firearm or Ammunition contrary to Prohibition Order (two counts), contrary to section 117.01(1) of the Criminal Code (CC),
- Fail to Comply with Probation Order, contrary to section 733.1(1) of the CC
- Possession Property Obtained by Crime Under $5000 – in Canada, contrary to section 354(1)(a) of the CC,
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance – Other Drugs, contrary to section 4(1) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA).
The accused is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice Elliot Lake, Ontario on June 4, 2019.
Charges Laid After Bail Violations
(BLIND RIVER, ON) – On May 12, 2019, at approximately 6:10 p.m., members of the East Algoma Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police received a report that an individual had not been abiding by her bail conditions.
Police later located the female who was intoxicated and placed her under arrest. While at the East Algoma Detachment an officer was assaulted by the female.
As a result of the investigation, Jasmine WRIGHT, a 30-year-old female from Blind River, Ontario, was charged with the following:
- Assault a Peace Officer contrary to section 270(1)(a) of the Criminal Code (CC); and
- Fail To Comply With Recognizance, 4 counts, contrary to section 145(3) of the CC
The accused was scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice Video Bail in Blind River on May 13, 2019.
Male Caught for Failing to Attend
(ELLIOT LAKE, ON) – On May 7, 2019, at approximately 10:43 a.m. members of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) North East Regional Support Team (NERST) and East Algoma uniform members were on patrol in the area of Hillside Drive South and Hirshhorn Avenue in the City of Elliot Lake.
A male was recognized who was wanted by police. As a result, police arrested the male.
Jacob MOORE, 27 years of age, of Elliot Lake, Ontario was charged with:
- Failure to Attend Court, contrary to section 145(2) of the Criminal Code (CC).
The accused is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in Elliot Lake, Ontario on June 4, 2019.