(MUNICIPALITY OF HURON SHORES, ON) – On June 25, 2019 at approximately 9:00 p.m., members of the East Algoma Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police received a traffic complaint of All-Terrain Vehicles (ATV) driving up and down the roads in the village of Little Rapids.
Officers attended the area and located a male operating an ATV. The operator then fled on the ATV into what appeared to be a trail opening, however struck a trailer that was obscured by tall grass. After the collision the male attempted to flee on foot but was eventually taken into custody. It was determined that the operator had consumed alcohol.
As a result of the investigation, Samuel BISAILLON, 29 years of age from Thessalon First Nation, Ontario was charged with the following:
· Operation While Impaired – Alcohol, contrary to section 320.14(1)(a) of the Criminal Code (CC); and
· Operation while Impaired – Blood Alcohol Concentration (80 plus) CC 320.14(1)(b); and
· Drive Off-Road Vehicle – No Permit, contrary to section 3(1) of the Off Road Vehicles Act (ORVA); and
· Fail To Wear Proper Helmet, contrary to section 19(1) of the ORVA; and
· Speeding – More than 20km/hr where limit is 50km/hr or less contrary to section 22(a) of Ontario Regulation 316/03; and
· Drive Motor Vehicle – No Licence, contrary to section 32(1) of the Highway Traffic Act.
The accused was released on a promise to appear and is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Blind River on August 1, 2019.