(ESPANOLA, ON) – On September 8, 2019, at approximately 9:35 p.m., the Manitoulin Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) stopped a motorcycle for speeding on Highway 6, Espanola.
As a result of the investigation, 39-year-old, Tyrone WOOD from Cartier Township, Ontario, has been charged with:
- Unauthorized Possession of a Weapon, contrary to section 91(2) of the Criminal Code (CC).
- Fail to Comply with Conditions of Undertaking, contrary to section 145(5.1) of the CC.
- Possession of Firearm or Ammunition, contrary to Prohibition Order (four counts), contrary to section 117.01(1) of the CC.
- Speeding, contrary to section 128 of the Highway Traffic Act (HTA).
- Driving While Under Suspension (two counts), contrary to section 53(1) of the HTA.
and The motorcycle was impounded for seven days.
The accused is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in Espanola, on November 4, 2019.