(ELLIOT LAKE, ON) – On September 17, 2019 at approximately 6:11 p.m. the East Algoma Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) received a call regarding a possible impaired driver on Stanrock Road, north of the City of Elliot Lake, Ontario.
Police did not locate the vehicle on that date. However, the complainant had dashcam video of the suspect vehicle, male driver, and female passenger. The erratic and dangerous driving was also recorded on video. Police viewed the video and recognized both parties. There was currently an arrest warrant for the male and both were on previous court imposed release conditions not to be around each other.
On September 19, 2019, police located the vehicle and two parties at a campsite on McCarthy Lake Road, south of Elliot Lake. The two were arrested and charged.
Matthew FOURNIER, 38 years of age, of Elliot Lake, Ontario, was charged with:
- Dangerous Operation, contrary to section 320.13(1) of the Criminal Code (CC),
- Breach of Recognizance (two counts), contrary to section 811 of the CC,
- Fail to Comply with Recognizance (four counts), contrary to section 145(3) of the CC,
- Driving while under suspension, contrary to section 53(1) of the Highway Traffic Act (HTA).
The accused was scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice Bail Court in Blind River, Ontario on September 19, 2019.
Christine FRY, 38 years of age, of Elliot Lake, Ontario, was charged with:
- Breach of Recognizance, contrary to section 811 of the CC.
The accused is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in Elliot Lake on October 29, 2019.