As of today, March 17 at 9:00 a.m., Algoma Public Health is reporting that there are still no confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Algoma. They are continuing to actively monitor the situation and are providing public health guidance to returning travellers, local health professionals, and local employers.
While the risk to the general public remains low at this time, APH encourages everyone to take preventive measures during the cold and flu season.
To reduce the spread of germs we recommend that you:
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm running water, or use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth unless you have just washed your hands.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue or your arm, not your hand.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Avoid visiting people in hospitals or long-term care centres if you are sick.
- Get your flu shot.
Click here for an ongoing list of cancellations, closures and postponements as well as a list of credible resources for COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) information.