The health and well-being of both our employees and Social Assistance/Ontario Works recipients is our top priority. We recognize these are challenging times and we remain committed to providing services in a manner that support the well-being of all.
At this time, the Social Service offices has taken precautionary measures to manage the spread of COVID-19 by implementing limited access to our buildings. We ask that all Ontario Works recipients contact our office by telephone or email if you require services during this time at
Ontario Works – 705-759-5266 or email [email protected]
During our restricted access period, we are putting in place the following practices to ensure that Ontario Works recipients receive their monthly entitlement by March 31.
- All cheques WILL be distributed by mail – this means that there will not be any cheques held in office for pick up.
- We will send your cheque to the most recent address that you have reported to Ontario Works – if you need to report an updated address where your cheque is to be mailed please contact the Ontario Works office as soon as possible before Wednesday, March 25 at 705-759-5266. Information received after Tuesday cannot be applied to your April assistance.
- If you have an emergency, please call us, we are asking that you do not come to our office locations in person.
- T5’s that have been returned to Ontario Works have been changed to reflect the new address provided and will be mailed this week.
- If you have any questions, please call our office and we will be here to help.
We continue to monitor the current situation closely and any changes to services will be communicated as they occur.
We thank you for your understanding at this time, although our service delivery practices may be different, we are here to help you and support your well-being.