At a special Executive meeting on March 17, 2020, and in response to guidelines from Ontario Public Health, the Provincial and Federal Governments, as well as from RCL Dominion Command, the following action was taken:
- Effective immediately the Branch is CLOSED to ALL ACTIVITIES, except Meals on Wheels, which will continue to provide meals from our kitchen under the direction of their Board of Directors.
- The Meals on Wheels Program is deemed an essential service to those in need.
Affected areas and activities include:
- The Lounge, Hall and Office – CLOSED to the Public
- Note: Office Staff will continue their usual hours and can be reached for any questions or concerns by – phone 705-246-2494 and email: [email protected]
- Friday Foods: including take-out is suspended for the safety of both our Volunteers and our Patrons. This is unfortunate but in line with repeated requests to practice Social Distancing.
- General Membership meetings are suspended until further notice. Executive meetings will be held at the call of the President. Consideration may be given to online/video meetings.
- In the Hall Walking and Carpet Bowling are suspended until further notice.
- Maple Syrup Fest, previously scheduled for April 4, 5 and 11, 12 is postponed.
- Lobster Fest, previously scheduled for June 26, is under review. Ticket sales are on hold.
- The Ladies Auxiliary Strawberry Tea; and a Blessing of the Bikes Event are under review.
- The $1000 RAFFLE: tickets are still on sale by calling the Office; available from some Executive Members; available at the following outlets: Black Bear Cafe and Eatery open for take-out 705-246-7820; Camille’s Cafe open for take-out 705-908-3031; Island Market who offer delivery of groceries; Northern Credit Union; and Island Timber Mart. We ask the Community to support this fundraiser.
The mandate of the RCL is service to our Veterans and to our Community. Accordingly, if any of our Members, or anyone else, identifies a person or persons that are vulnerable or in need, they are asked to advise the Office, from 9 a.m. to Noon, or outside those hours to call Branch 374 President Dave Pearse at 705-989-8788. Anyone needing emergency assistance during these difficult and unusual times is encouraged to phone for assistance.
- AVOID TOUCHING YOUR FACE – AVOID TOUCHING YOUR FACE – AVOID TOUCHING YOUR FACE
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Abstain from customary handshakes and hugs.
- Hand washing is the most important weapon available to us to prevent the spread of infection.
- Hand sanitizing: Hands should be free of any visible debris, and a sufficient amount of sanitizer is used to thoroughly cover hands. Rub hands together, covering the entire surface of the hands, until the hands are dry.
- Social Distancing: means remaining out of group settings, avoiding mass gatherings, and maintaining distince of approximately 6 feet or 2 meters from one another when possible. Stay home as much as possible.