(ELLIOT LAKE, ON) – On June 25, 2020, at 11:51 p.m., members of the East Algoma Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) attended a residence on Hutchison Avenue in Elliot Lake to execute a Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA) warrant.
The OPP’s Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU), East Algoma Crime Unit, Organized Crime Enforcement Bureau (OCEB), the Canine Unit, Emergency Response Team (ERT), and uniform members were involved with the investigation.
As a result of the warrant being executed, police seized numerous drug related paraphernalia items, over 520 grams of suspected cocaine, over 6 grams of suspected psilocybin, over 77 grams of suspected fentanyl, over $8500 of counterfeit American currency, over $1400.00 in Canadian cash, numerous cell phones, and a pellet gun. The estimated street value of the drugs was over $122,000.
A person residing at the residence was arrested and charged.
Justin RALPH, 29 years of age, of Elliot Lake was charged with:
- Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of Trafficking – Cocaine, contrary to section 5(2) of the CDSA,
- Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of Trafficking – Opioid (other than heroin), contrary to section 5(2) of the CDSA,
- Possession of a Schedule II Substance – Other Drugs, contrary to section 4(1) of the CDSA,
- Possession of Firearm or Ammunition contrary to Prohibition Order, contrary to section 117.01(1) of the Criminal Code (CC),
- Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime under $5000, contrary to section 354(1)(a) of the CC,
- Possessing Counterfeit Money – have in custody, contrary to section 450(b) of the CC.
The accused was scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice Bail Court in Blind River on June 25, 2020.