EAST ALOGMA OPP LAYS DRUG CHARGES
(BLIND RIVER, ON)- On August 21, 2020, members from the East Algoma Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) were on patrol duties in the Town of Blind River.
At approximately 9:30 a.m., police observed an eastbound vehicle travelling at a high rate of speed on Causley Street and a traffic stop was initiated. As the officer was speaking to the driver the officer detected an odor of suspected cannabis. A search of the vehicle located over 7 grams of suspected Purple Heroin (estimated value of over $3,500).
As a result of the investigation, Sidney CHARLES, 38 years-of-age, from Scarborough, was charged with:
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance-Heroin, contrary to section 4(1) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA); and with
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance-Opioid (other that heroin), contrary to section 4(1) of the CDSA.
The accused is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in Blind River on November 5, 2020.
The 38 year old driver, Ian Gordon of Mississauga, was issued a provincial offence notice and charged with speeding, contrary to section 128 of the Highway Traffic Act.
OWNER STEALS VEHICLE FROM IMPOUND YARD
(MISSISSAUGA FIRST NATION, ON)- On August 23, 2020, shortly after 8:15 p.m., members from the East Algoma Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to a theft of a motor vehicle at an impound compound within the Territory of Mississauga First Nation. The owner attended the property and took his pick-up truck striking another vehicle when he took off.
Police observed the vehicle travelling a high rate of speed on Village Road, continued on Highway 17 to Blind River and returned to Mississauga First Nation, where driver parked it in the rear of a residence on Highway 17. Police attended the property and entered the residence where they located the driver and an arrest was made.
As a result of the investigation, Erik BOUILLON, 33 year-of-age, from Blind River was charged with:
- Theft of a Motor Vehicle, contrary to section 333.1 of the Criminal Code (CC);
- Flight from Peace Officer, contrary to section 320.17 of the CC;
- Dangerous Operation, contrary to section 320.13, of the CC;
- Resist Peace Officer, contrary to section 129(a0 of the CC;
- Fail to Remain, contrary to section 200(1) of the Highway Traffic Act (HTA);
- Fail to Stop for Police, contrary to section 216(1) of the HTA;
- Fail to Report Accident, contrary to section 199(1) of the HTA; and with
- Drive Motor Vehicle-No Licence, contrary to section 32(1) of the HTA.
The accused appeared before the Ontario Court of Justice Video Bail in Blind River on August 24, 2020.