ELLIOT LAKE, ON – On October 28, 2020, members of the East Algoma Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) charged a person in relation to damage caused at the hospital in Elliot Lake.
On October 16, 2020, at approximately 11:37 a.m. police responded to a disturbance call at the hospital. Hospital staff were dealing with a person in the emergency room who began acting out. The individual was throwing equipment and furniture around, causing considerable damage. Equipment was also thrown at a staff member.
Matthew LEFEBVRE, 34 years of age, from Elliot Lake was charged with:
- Mischief Over $5000, contrary to section 430(3) of the Criminal Code (CC),
- Mischief Under $5000, contrary to section 430(4) of the CC,
- Assault With A Weapon, contrary to section 267(a) of the CC,
- Common Nuisance – Endanger Life, contrary to section 180(1)(a) of the CC,
- Mischief – Obstructs, Interrupts or Interferes with the Lawful Use, Enjoyment or Operation of Property, contrary to section 430(1)(c) of the CC.
The accused is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in Elliot Lake on January 5, 2021.