Ontario is reporting 1,676 new cases of COVID-19 today, and 10 new deaths due to the virus.
Health Minister Christine Elliott says 588 new cases are in Toronto, 349 in Peel Region, and 141 cases are in York Region.
The province says it has conducted 39,198 tests since the last daily report.
In total, 794 people are hospitalized in Ontario due to COVID-19, including 219 in intensive care.
The province is also reporting that 132 people are on ventilators in hospital.
The latest figures bring the total of COVID-19 cases in Ontario to 130,910, with 3,808 deaths, and 110,951 cases resolved.
Meanwhile, Ontario’s fiscal watchdog says the province had $12 billion in unspent reserve funds by the end of September.
The Financial Accountability Officer says in a report today that the money was earmarked for three contingency funds, including two related to pandemic spending.
The FAO says the $12 billion is $2.7 billion more than his office said the government had unspent in reserves by Aug 26.
The Ontario budget says that if the money remains unspent in the reserves by the end of the fiscal year it will be used to reduce the deficit and provincial debt.
The government has been criticized by opposition politicians for sitting on billions in reserve funds, which they say it has been slow to spend during the pandemic.
Premier Doug Ford’s office says the provincial budget delivered last month shows that 80 per cent of the reserve funds have been allocated.