Do you know a local person or business who went the extra mile to help protect the environment in Sault Ste. Marie/Algoma District in 2020?
Then nominate them for a Clean North Award. Individuals/businesses can also nominate themselves.
In 2020, these awards were cancelled due to the pandemic, so this year we’re offering two awards in each category, to be given out on Earth Day (April 22, 2021).
Nominees/applicants should be those who best exemplify service to help keep our local environment and community clean and green through local environmental action in 2020. The categories are:
- Clean North Citizen Award — $200 (Sault Ste. Marie/Algoma residents age 18+)
- Clean North Secondary Student Award — $200 (Sault Ste. Marie/Algoma secondary students)
- Clean North Elementary Student Award — $100 (Sault Ste. Marie/Algoma elementary students)
- Clean North Business Award — framed citation (Sault Ste. Marie/Algoma businesses)
These awards are intended to:
- promote local environmental success stories and initiatives
- recognize environmental leaders within our community
- provide financial support to environmental stewards
- encourage young people to take an interest in environmental protection
- improve awareness of ways to protect our local environment
- inspire others to act to protect our land, air, and water
Deadline for nominations is noon on March 15, 2021. Nomination forms are found here.
Clean North is a grassroots organization run by volunteers and funded through memberships and donations. The goal is to promote environmental protection through reduction, reuse, and recycling of residential and industrial waste in Sault Ste. Marie and the Algoma District.
For more information, contact Clean North at [email protected] or (705)945-1573.