It happened again, Ontario! There was a single winning ticket for the whopping $70 million LOTTO MAX jackpot from the Friday, February 26, 2021 draw and this time it was sold in the Sudbury Region. This is the sixth time that the maximum jackpot has been won in Canada and the fourth time it’s been won in Ontario since the jackpot cap was increased in May, 2019.
Last night’s draw produced some other big wins across the province:
- MAXMILLIONS tickets, worth $1 million each were sold in Simcoe County, Mississauga, North York, and Woodbridge.
- A MAXMILLIONS ticket worth $500,000 (prize split with a ticket sold in another region) was sold in Ajax.
- Two second prize winning tickets worth $182,843.30 each were sold in Halton and Willowdale.
- An ENCORE top prize winning ticket, worth $1 million, was sold within Lanark County.
- An ENCORE ticket, worth $100,000, was sold in the Dufferin/Peel region.
OLG reminds players that they can check their tickets from home on OLG.ca, by using the OLG Lottery App on their mobile device, signing up on OLG.ca for winning number email alerts or by calling our WIN! Line at 416-870-8946 (Toronto area) or toll free at 1-866-891-8946 (outside Toronto area).
In accordance with government-issued lockdown measures to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, OLG is currently limiting the number of in-person prize claim appointments at the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto to only those that require a face-to-face interview. Customers with prizes over $50,000 are asked to call 1-800-387-0098 to discuss available prize claim options. Prize claims up to $49,999.90 should continue to be submitted by mail. The health and safety of our customers and employees remains our top priority and OLG looks forward to providing future updates on the availability of in-person prize claims.