The Corporation of The Municipality of Huron Shores requires a:
(one year training period)
Full-time position with benefit package
- Assistant to the Planning Consultant. Attends to Official Plan and Zoning By-law queries and Planning application processing.
- Attends meetings of Council, as directed, and acts as Secretary to the Economic Development Advisory Committee; Environmental Committee; Mississagi River Monitoring Committee; and Community Safety and Well-Being Committee.
- Conducts research required for the preparation of municipal policies, by-laws, agreements, etc. Prepares draft policies and by-laws for review by the Clerk/Administrator and, as required, develops criteria and forms for their administration.
- Drafts correspondence and assists with reports for Clerk’s, Public Works, Planning, Fire and By-law Enforcement Departments.
- Provides on-site computer system maintenance. Seeks assistance from the contracted computer services provider, as required.
- Assists the Clerk/Administrator in conducting Municipal elections and associated duties as prescribed in the Municipal Act.
- Acts as fourth relief for the Reception.
- A college diploma in related discipline or an acceptable combination of education and related experience. Completion of the Municipal Administration Program preferred.
Minimum four years related experience.
- Good level of general office skills.
- Good working knowledge of municipal administration practices.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
- Ability to troubleshoot computer/software systems and effect minor repairs.
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week, with expectation of overtime.
Please apply in writing with resume and completed application for employment no later than 4:30 p.m., Monday, May 31st to:
Deborah Tonelli, Clerk/Administrator
Municipality of Huron Shores
7 Bridge Street, P.O. Box 460
Iron Bridge, ON P0R 1H0
The Municipality of Huron Shores will make every effort to accommodate applicants with disabilities in its recruitment process. If you are contacted for an interview, please advise us of any accommodation measures you may require during our selection process.
Information received relating to accommodation needs will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, S.O. 2001, c. 25, and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection.