(ELLIOT LAKE, ON) – On September 17, 2021, East Algoma Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) were called to an apartment on Hirshhorn Avenue in Elliot Lake in relation to a robbery.
The complainant reported that at approximately 3:00 a.m. a male entered his apartment demanding money and threatening him with a knife. The complainant recognized the male from a previous interaction. Additionally, the male inadvertently left his identification inside the apartment prior to departing.
Police arrested and charged the male. While in custody, he proceeded to urinate on the floor.
Spencer D’AMATO-KOSCH, 21 years-old, of Elliot Lake, was charged with:
- Robbery with Weapon, contrary to section 344(1)(b) of the Criminal Code (CC)
- Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose, contrary to section 88 of the CC
- Break, Enter Dwelling House – Commit Indictable Offence, contrary to section 348(1)(b) of the CC
- Uttering Threats – Cause Death or Bodily Harm, contrary to section 264.1(1)(a) of the CC
- Mischief – Obstructs, Interrupts or Interferes with Any Person in the Lawful Use, Enjoyment or Operation of Property, contrary to section 430(1)(d) of the CC
- Fail to Comply With Probation Order, contrary to section 733.1(1) of the CC
The accused was scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice Bail Court in Blind River on September 18, 2021.