Seeking Information Regarding Break and Enter
(BURPEE TOWNSHIP, ON) – On August 30, 2021 shortly after 11:00 a.m. officers from the Manitoulin Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) received a report of a break and enter at a property on Beach Road. Investigation revealed that sometime between the evening of August 29, 2021 and the morning of August 30, 2021 unknown person(s) entered multiple buildings on the property and caused extensive damage.
Any person with information regarding the person(s) responsible for this break and enter should immediately contact the OPP at 1-888-310-1122 or your nearest police authority.
Should you wish to remain anonymous, you may call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or go online at ontariocrimestoppers.ca , where you may be eligible to receive a cash reward of up to $2000.
Disturbance Results in Multiple Charges
(ESPANOLA, ON) – On October 3, 2021 members of the Manitoulin Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police were dispatched to a disturbance on Barber Street, Espanola.
Officers were able to locate the individual responsible for the disturbance. During the arrest, a police officer was assaulted and others were threatened.
As a result of the investigation, Ryan CLOWATER, a 41-year-old resident of Espanola has been charged with:
- Failure to Comply with Undertaking, contrary to section 145(4)(a) of the Criminal Code (CC)
- Uttering Threats- Cause Death or Bodily Harm, contrary to section 264.1(1)(a) of the CC (3 counts)
- Assault with Intent to Resist Arrest, contrary to section 270(1)(b) of the CC
- Mischief – Destroys or Damages Property, contrary to section 430(1)(a) of the CC
- Mischief – Renders Property Dangers, Useless, Inoperative or Ineffective, contrary to section 430(1)(b) of the CC
- Assault a Peace Officer, contrary to section 270(1)(a) of the CC
- Resist Peace Officer, contrary to section 129(a) of the CC
The accused was held for a bail hearing and is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice on December 6, 2021.
Motor Vehicle Collision Results in Impaired Charges
(GORDON TOWNSHIP, ON) – On September 30, 2021 at approximately 2:58 p.m. members of the Manitoulin Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) were dispatched to a motor vehicle collision on Highway 542, Gordon Township.
Officers arrived on scene and spoke with the driver of the motor vehicle. A roadside screening device was administered and the driver was subsequently arrested. The driver was transported to the Gore Bay Detachment.
As a result of the investigation, 34-year-old Matthew STIRMAN from Campbell Township was charged with:
- Operation While Impaired – Alcohol and Drugs, contrary to section 320.14(1)(a) of the Criminal Code (CC)
- Operation While Impaired – Blood Alcohol Concentration (80 plus), contrary to section 320.14(1)(b) of the CC
- Drive Motor Vehicle – No Licence, contrary to section 32(1) of the Highway Traffic Act
The accused is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in Gore Bay on November 10, 2021.