Algoma Public Health (APH) is reporting thirty-four (34) new cases of COVID-19 (#1,015 – #1,048), eight from Central and East Algoma, and 26 from Sault Ste. Marie and area.
“It is with great sadness that today we are reporting the region’s 15th death related to COVID-19. Out of respect for the family, no further information is being shared.”, stated APH.
Due to ongoing large volumes of cases and the need to streamline processes, APH is transitioning to a simplified format for reporting new cases of COVID-19 in Algoma.
There are currently 306 active cases of COVID-19 in Algoma.
The newly reported cases acquired their infection as follows:
- 21 are close contacts of confirmed cases
- 5 have an unknown source of infection
- 8 are still being investigated to determine their source of infection
With increasing rates of COVID-19 in Algoma, we are receiving assistance from case and contact managers who may be from the provincial workforce or a partner health unit. If you are a case or a high-risk contact, you may receive a call from a case/contact manager from outside of Algoma Public Health.
Status of cases in Algoma
|Updated: November 27, 2021, 5:45 PM|
- View current situation in Algoma and the updated status of cases in Algoma.
- Algoma regions with COVID-19 cases reported in the past 14 days include:
- Sault Ste. Marie and area
- Central and East Algoma
Due to ongoing extremely high COVID-19 activity in Algoma, and especially in the municipality of Sault Ste. Marie, Algoma Public Health is taking further action to curb the spread of the virus, prevent severe illness and death in our communities, and protect health system capacity.
- Learn more about COVID-19 in Algoma.
- Learn more about vaccination clinics
- Visit Ontario’s website to learn more about the province’s response to COVID-19.