Confederation College Donors Delivered Over $183,000 to Deserving Students

321 Confederation College students received 398 scholarships, bursaries and awards totalling $183,455 at the annual Awards Recognition Reception.   Confederation College students...

A Professional Activity Day Added to the 2015-2016 School Year Calendar

Another Professional Activity Day has been added to the 2015-2016 school year calendar for all area school boards, including Algoma District School Board,Huron-Superior Catholic...

Looking for a job this summer? Apply now for the Summer Company young entrepreneur...

For students, finding a summer job can sometimes be easier said than done. A young entrepreneur program, administered in the region by the Sault...

Found on Facebook – Outdoor Rink closed for weekend

Wawa-news would like to share the following 'Found on Facebook' for readers who are not on that site, but might like to know the...

I’m calling to tell you your child was in an accident…

Be careful, warn your elders. This afternoon two people in Wawa were told that a family member had been involved in an accident! ...

Rotary Club of Wawa Presents Paul Harris Fellowship to Paulette Albert

https://youtu.be/iq1CIde8xtQ   On February 10th, Liz Talian-Clark presented a Paul Harris Fellowship to Paulette Albert.┬áRotary clubs may from time to time honour...

The Case of the Missing Plaque: Behrends Group Returns Ontario Heritage Plaque to Its...

Good Morning Alan and Brenda My name is Sara Murray, and I am the Marketing coordinator at Behrends Group of Companies. I wanted...

MTO Advises of Closures (Nipigon River Bridge) Saturday & Sunday from 4-6 a.m.

The Ministry of Transportation advises the motoring public that short term traffic delays can be expected on Highway 11/17 at the Nipigon River Bridge...

Bessie E – A true miracle they are all alive

https://youtu.be/PGLKg0Pnaoc?list=PLxmFxpoMHCawtkRW51W1-Nq0s9E3kwNnf videos from April 4, 2014, showing the Bessie E breaking ice to leave Mamainse Harbour, there are 12 videos in the...